Sanitation Equipment Operator – Sanitation Department
Position available beginning July 1st, 2019. The Town of Sawmills is accepting applications for a Sanitation Equipment Operator position in the Sanitation Department.
- Drives heavy sanitation truck and operates levers to pick up household waste materials at curb placed in trash receptacle cans.
- Drives rear loader sanitation truck to pick up other household items, heavy furniture, etc.
- Drives sanitation truck to county landfill, dumps and cleans out truck and obtains trip ticket.
- Performs routine cleaning and related care of sanitation trucks. This includes washing and greasing arms daily and the washing the truck weekly.
- Required: HS diploma or GED, and valid NC commercial driver’s license with a minimum of a Class B
- Compensation is between $14.40 to $19.25 per hour, based on qualification and experience.
Applications are available at Town Hall or at townofsawmills.com. Submit completed applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Town of Sawmills, Attn: Christopher Todd, 4076 US Hwy 321-A, Sawmills, NC 28639. Deadline for first review is 5:00 p.m. on June 7th; position open until filled. EOE The Town offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave, as well as employee medical insurance. All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of a background check and controlled substance screening.
A full job description can be found here.
The Town of Sawmills does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability, political affiliation, or marital status.