Program began July 1, 2011
Get rewarded just for recycling! Every pound of trash that gets recycled helps reduce the total amount of material that is hauled off to the landfill. This saves the Town in tipping fees and therefore helps reduce the total cost of our sanitation service. Not to mention that you are helping to save the world! All you have to do is put out your recycling cart on your scheduled pick up day and you have a chance to be a winner.
This Recycling Rewards Program is open to all Town of Sawmills sanitation customers who participate in the Town’s curbside recycling collection service.
To participate, simply recycle at home using your blue cart. Put your recyclables at the curb each week by the designated pickup time. By participating, entrants agree to abide by these rules. All winners will be asked to sign a liability release which grants the Town, its partners and advertisers the right to use and publish winner’s photo, proper name, voice, opinions, and biographical information without further permission, notice or additional compensation. The Town is not responsible for lost recycling bins, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise, which may occur in the processing of reward program prizes.
Each month (1) customer name/address will be randomly picked and checked to see if they are recycling. If the randomly selected customer is found to not be recycling, then a new customer will be chosen. The first person caught recycling is awarded a twenty-eight dollar ($28.00) cash voucher that is credited toward their solid waste bill. At the end of each fiscal year, all the monthly winners’ names are placed into a hat, and one is drawn to receive a grand prize, consisting of a one hundred dollar ($100.00) cash prize.
a. Each Address can only win (1) monthly prize per year.
b. There will be only one monthly winner each month.
c. The Town does not promote or endorse any companies or prize products.
d. The Town of Sawmills reserves the right to change official rules, which will become effective upon posting of rules changes on the Town’s web site
What Can I Recycle?
Yes! Put these items in your roll-out recycle cart:
- all plastic bottles and containers (#1 - #7)
- wide-mouth plastic containers & lids
- rigid plastics
- mixed paper, newspapers with inserts, junk mail
- computer paper, office paper, color paper, envelopes
- gift wrapping paper (without foil backing)
- magazines, telephone books, paperback books
- cardboard, gift boxes, shoe boxes (flattened)
- pizza, cereal & food boxes (no food debris)
- milk & juice cartons & boxes (must be empty)
- aluminum cans, steel cans including lids
- aluminum foil (no food debris)
- glass bottles & jars (all colors)
- empty aerosol cans (no paint cans)
No! Do NOT put these items in your roll-out recycle cart:
- plastic bags, plastic film or wrap
- food & candy wrappers
- waxed cardboard
- rubber or tires
- hazardous waste, electronics & paint
- glassware or light bulbs
- clothing or fabric
- household garbage or food waste